In Previous blog of Present Tense we have studied all parts of Present Tense.
1. Simple Present Tense is used for daily routine work, habitual work and universal truth.
2. Present Continuous Tense is used for continuing work in Present Time.
3. Present Perfect Tense is used for completed work in Present time.
4. Present Perfect Continuous Tense is used for continuing work but time is given for work.
This article includes definition, rules for forming sentences in the Simple Past Tense, the negative
and interrogative sentences. All this is simultaneously explained in Hindi and English for better
understanding. There are examples and exercises at the end.
The past indefinite tense describes the completion of an action that took place in the past.
"It is used for daily routine work and habitual work of past time."
"इस Tense का प्रयोग Past Time में ‘दैनिक कार्यो’ और ‘आदतन कार्यो’ के लिए किया जाता है" |
हिंदी वाक्यों के अंत में “था,थे,थी“ आता है |
Rule of making Simple Sentence
यदी subject (कर्ता) He, She, It or Singular हो तो कर्ता के बाद verb की 2nd form आती हे
यदी subject (कर्ता) I, We, You, They or plural हो तो कर्ता के बाद verb की 2nd form लगाते हे
Rule of making Negative Sentence
Subject (कर्ता) I, We, You, They or plural के साथ didn’t helping verb + verb 1st form का प्रयोग होता है
Subject (कर्ता He, She, It or singular के साथ didn’t helping verb + verb 1st form का प्रयोग होता है |
Rule of making Interrogative Sentence
Interrogative Sentences में did helping को Subject (कर्ता) से पहले लगाते है और subject (कर्ता)
के बाद verb की 1st form लगाते है |
Subject + 2nd form of verb + object + etc. (Simple sentence)
Subject + didn’t + 1st form of verb + object + etc. (Negative sentence)
Did + Subject + 1st form of verb + object + etc? (Interrogative sentence)
Ram went to School with me. (राम मेरे साथ स्कूल गया था)
Ram did not go to school with me. (राम मेरे साथ स्कूल नहीं गया था)
Did Ram go to school with me? (क्या राम मेरे साथ स्कूल गया था?)
Last, Ago, Before, Previous, Yesterday
I _____ (play) cricket withe my friend before one hour. (Answer is :- played)
She ______ (go) to America with her husband last year. (Answer is :- went)
Do practice exercise.
1. Mohan ______ (want) to become a Doctor last year.
2. She _____ (write) a letter in sanskrit language to me last week.
3. My father ____ (give) me one thousand rupees last Monday.
4. Mr. Obama ______ (come) to India for visit last year.
5. They _____ (go) to watch a movie with me yesterday.
Simple Past Tense shows the the completion of an action that took place in the past. It is very useful
and important Tense for English Speaking.
If you have any problem to understand the definition, rules, formulas, and exercise of Simple Past,
Please ask me in the comment box. I will surely solve your problem.
Write your correct answer in comment box.